The Commercial Pilot Program is intended for the career-oriented pilot. Holding the commercial rating will allow you to fly for compensation or hire. You must carry a private pilot rating before beginning the commercial pilot program.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Hold at least a private pilot certificate.
Minimum Flight Requirements:
Ascent Aeronautical Academy is a Part 141 Program. The minimum flight time requirements to obtain a Commercial Pilot’s License under FAA Part 141 are as follows:
- 115 hours total flight time including:
- 30 Hours dual
- 5 Hours of instrument training in an aircraft
- 10 Hours solo
- 5 Hours at night
- 3 Hours training in preparation for the flight test (within 60 days of exam).
- 30 Hours of ground training
To view the medical or certification requirements in greater detail, please contact the Federal Aviation Administration at www.faa.gov.
The following cost estimate is based on the minimum required hours by the FAA.
|Pre & Post Flight Briefing||30||$55.00||$1,650.00|
|FAA Examiner Fee||1||$800.00||$800.00|
|Aircraft Rental for Check Ride||1.5||$425.00||$637.50|
|FAA Medical Exam||1||$90.00||$90.00|
|Written Exam Test||1||$150.00||$150.00|
NOTE: All numbers and prices are subject to change.