The Private Pilot Program is intended for people who may be learning to fly as a hobby, personal business or who are planning to purchase their own aircraft. With your Private Pilot License you are allowed to take family, friends and co-workers on board your aircraft or the aircraft you are renting while acting as Pilot in Command. The only restriction to acting as a Private Pilot is you are not allowed by the FAA to be compensated for your skills. You must carry a Commercial Rating for compensation for hire.
Ascent Aeronautical Academy is a Part 141 Flight School operating out of Flying W in Medford New Jersey.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Pass a written test given by the FAA.
- Take a physical from an FAA certified medical examiner receiving a 1st Class, 2nd Class or 3rd Class Medical License. To receive your Private Pilot License, you are required to have a 3rd Class Medical. This is also necessary to solo during your training.
- Pass an oral and flight test given by the FAA or an approved Designated Pilot Examiner.
To view the medical or certification requirements in greater detail, please contact the Federal Aviation Administration at www.faa.gov
Minimum Flight Requirements:
Ascent Aeronautical Academy is a Part 141 Program. The minimum flight time requirements to obtain a Private Pilot’s License under FAA Part 141 are as follows:
- 35 hours minimum of flight time, which must include 24 hours of flight instruction.
- 2 hours of Cross Country training
- 3 hours of night flying
- 11* hours of solo flight time *(Part 141 Only)
- 4 hours training in preparation for the flight test an FAA Examiner.
- 10 take off and landings at night
- Be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Pass the knowledge test.
- Pass the practical test.
No Written Test Required for Add on
Note: Times are based on FAA Minimum Flight Time. Most pilots require 70-80 hours for a Private Pilot License
NOTE: All number and prices are subject to change and all hours are based on FAA minimums.