The instrument rating teaches you how to fly in fog, clouds, and limited visibility. You will develop the judgment to evaluate adverse weather conditions and the ability to maneuver the airplane by reference to instruments. In addition to increasing your capabilities as a pilot, it also enhances your confidence and safety.
- Hold at least a private pilot certificate
- Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
Minimum Flight Requirements:
- 50 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot in command
- 35 hours of actual or simulated instrument time
- 30 Hours of ground training